Geokrak was invited by Academy of Mining and Industry - Department of Drilling, Oil and Gas in April 2013 to present during the conference called "Environmental Impact Assessment during the exploration and production of gas form non-conventional resources" our experience related to preparing the EIA reports and obtaining the Environmental Permit for shale gas exploration. The conference was attended by representatives of Environmental Authorities from the whole Poland and representatives of companies involved in shale gas activities. Our presentation was performed by Wojtek Scisłowicz to app. 70 participants, and originated an intense discussion.
27–28 November, 2012: Geokrak took part in Unconventional Gas Aberdeen 2012 conference, an annual meeting of unconventional gas industry companies.
27–29 November, 2012: Geokrak took part in Third Annual Event Shale Gas World Europe 2012 organized in Warsaw.
October–December, 2012: Geokrak Engineering Geology department staff took part in the European Norm in Geotechnical Design training organized as part of a project called Development of modetn building teaching potential at the Kraków Technical University. The objective of the project is improvement of development potential of the Kraków Technical University through improvement and adjustment of educational offer in construction for requirements of knowledge-based economy to 2015. This is a state project which started on August 3, 2009 and finishes on December 31, 2015.
Break of year 2012 and 2013: Towards the end of 2012 and at the beginning of 2013 the Engineering Geology department staff will take part in trainings organized by the Environment Engineering Department of the Kraków Technical University. The trainings are part of a project aimed at adaptation of qualifications to the requirements of small and medium companies from environment engineering and environment protection market. The trainings will cover water and sewage economy and water constructions and geo-technics. The trainings which Geokrak staff are to attend are:
1. Determination of geotechnical conditions for builing foundations in accordance with current official regulations (Directive of the Transport, Construction and Sea Economy Minister, as of 25 April, 2012) and recommendation of methods found in EU environmental norms (February 2013).
2. Assessment of technical conditions in hydro-technical objects.
3. Structural analysis and design of geotechnical constructions in accordance with Eurocode 7 (October 2012)
4. Geotechnics in road construction (November 2012)
5. Geotechnics design using results of field and laboratory analyses in accordance with Eurocode 7 + workshop (October 2012)
6. Computer technical drawing in small engineering companies: effective use of AutoCAD software (December 2012).
5–8 March, 2013: A group of Geokrak staff took part in 28th Construction Design Workshop in the town of Wisła. The workshop was organized by Małopolska Department of the Polish Association of Construction and Civil Engineers in cooperation with Bielsko-Biała, Gliwice and Katowice. The workshop included methods of ground susbtrate analysis, piling operations, reinforcement of ground and foundations, geo-technical design of deep foundation, protection of building surroundings, modelling of geotechnical processes and stability of escarpments, landslides and levees.